Dear apple and bistronomy lovers, We are pleased to announce that the official opening of our 2021 apple season will be held on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 4!
We will be welcoming you back to our orchard in St-Joseph-du-Lac as well as to our restaurant and our two boutiques this year! Rest assured that we have complied with the new standards surrounding COVID-19 and that your experience will be a little different, but just as enjoyable! Here is a glimpse of what awaits you this season at Verger Lamarche!
Have a bite to eat at the Verger Restaurant
For the past year, it is no longer permitted to bring your lunch, however, you can be sure that we have everything you need at the orchard to break bread and enjoy our many products, those of our terroir and meals that you can enjoy on site at our restaurant, on our 2 beautiful terraces or that you can enjoy at our new picnic area or simply take for home. Don’t miss our homemade crepes, our 8 delicious pizzas cooked in a wood oven, our beautiful Quebec wine list, our new cocktails and much more!
Picnic area and menu on the go
In order to make you live the most beautiful bistronomic experience, we are pleased to announce that a new picnic area will be set up (with a few picnic tables) to allow you to enjoy and discover our picnic menu (30$ + taxes) available in a nice bag and on sale at our store located at 175 Montée du Village.
Our on-the-go menu includes:
- 2 local cheeses from Fromagiers de la Table Ronde
- 1 Sausage from Si Pousse sausage makers
- 1 mini baguette from Les 3 Galo Pain bakery
- 1 mini Chantepom crabapple jelly and a small apple pie from our orchard.
- To this, add a beverage of your choice from our selection of Chantepom musts or ciders, freshly squeezed apple juice or our brand new Cidre 1880 (the cost of the beverage is extra).
Bring your folding chairs and blanket to enjoy your time at the orchard!
Orchard to go
This year, more than ever, it will also be the occasion to take advantage of our take-out menu to enjoy our best creations at home! On the menu: our delicious wood-fired pizzas, pies, our apple crisp and our famous apple donuts! Please note that breakfasts and crepes are not available for take-out.
Enjoy our beautiful terraces to share a good meal and to savor one of our delicious house cocktails, and wines from Vignoble Rivière du Chêne or La Cantina d’Oka, all with a magnificent view on our orchard!
Information related to COVID-19
As of September 1, 2021, people who wish to visit restaurant-type establishments will have to present their vaccination passport. This applies to our restaurant and our terraces. To find out which places and activities are affected, consult the page Places and activities requiring the COVID-19 vaccination passport on the official Government of Quebec website. A maximum of 10 people per table (from a maximum of 3 different residences) must be respected. Inside, a distance of 2 meters must be maintained between tables that do not have a separating wall. Outdoor terraces can accommodate a maximum of 20 people per table (from a maximum of 3 different residences). A distance of 1 m must be respected between tables that do not have a separating wall. A client registry will be maintained as required by the government. Finally, a vaccination passport is required (for people aged 16 years and older) in order to access the restaurant and our terrace. If, for some reason, you do not have your vaccination passport at the time of your visit and you wish to take advantage of your time at the orchard to have a bite to eat, we have concocted a picnic menu that you can purchase at our boutique located at 1150 Chemin Principal or you can order our good pizza to go!
Important info before your visit
- Our mini-farm will not be open this fall.
- No tastings will be offered on site this season.
- It is not permitted to bring your lunches to the Orchard site.
- Several disinfectant gel dispensers are available on site.
- Social distancing measures have been applied to our terraces and dining room.
- Small outdoor kiosks will make it easier for you to purchase Chantepom products without having to stop by our Boutique (cash and credit cards accepted)
- Since 2019, the orchard has reusable bags (available in 3 sizes: small, large and in a case) to proceed with your self-picking. Sold at a cost of $23 for the first purchase (including the pick-your-own rate), you can bring it back season after season and only have to pay for your pick-your-own! Available at our boutique and at the sales kiosks. Note that those who already have a reusable bag from Verger Lamarche are invited to bring them!
Thank you for taking our that, for the past 5 years, you cannot come to the orchard accompanied by your pets for sanitary reasons and out of respect for other customers.
An ever more organic orchard!
For 2 years now, our ecological orchard is in the process (transition) of organic accreditation!